Thursday, September 02, 2004

A lot of my friends are still wetting themselves over Arnold Schwarzenegger's speech on Tuesday night. I guess he did a pretty good job. Admittedly, the ideals and beliefs of the Republican party always sound better in their original German.

But it was a shrewd move on the part of Bush and his bosses, choosing a multi-millionaire former actor who married into the Kennedy family to stand up and call the millions of poverty-stricken Americans still complaining about the economy a bunch of pussies and faggots.

Kudos, Bush-Cheney 2004!!! Putting the "ass" back in "compassion."

4 comments:

Irb said...

"To those critics who are so pessimistic about
our economy, I say: 'Don’t be economic girlie men!'"

You see, when I heard that, I didn't realize that Schwarzenegger was simply referring to California's economy. Since this was the Republican NATIONAL Convention and he was extolling the virtues of George W., I just assumed he was talking about our nation's economy!

On a night when the Republicans kept yammering on and on about how compassionate they are, an incredibly wealthy man told the poor and disenfranchised to quit whining. Personally, I had to laugh.

As for the rest, yes. Admittedly it was a cheap shot, written for the sole purpose of getting a laugh. Granted it's not nearly as classy or sophisticated as jokes about rice in Kerry's ass, but what can I say? I just type it the way Jesus tells it to me.

Irb said...

"ANd you accuse him of marrying into it (showing your Herculean effort to avoid the obvious fact that he's a bloody movie star, not to mention the fact that he is well-known in California as an adept and successful business man)."

Sorry. I thought that by mentioning the fact that he was a multi-millionaire former movie star that I had covered the movie star part. Next time, I'll try to post a copy of Schwarzenegger's bank statements and balance sheet before I crack any jokes about him.

SJ said...

lol, Irb. You make me laugh.

SJ said...

Irb, good article here

http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=17588