Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Thank You, Ladies and Gentlemen! I'll Be Here Until 2009!"

As most people know, the White House Correspondents' Dinner is an annual event where the President gathers with the press corps to crack jokes about his ineffectual domestic policies and all the people he's gotten killed overseas.

But this year, for a change of pace, Laura Bush delivered a funny (and oddly risque) monologue which featured, among other things, the escapades of Lynne Cheney at Chippendale's and a joke about George W. jacking off a horse.

Even funnier than the First Lady's schtick was the Daily Show's coverage of the event. I don't know what else to say, except that I've watched this about a dozen times and it still makes me giggle like Rumsfeld at an orphan burning.

1 comment:

SJ said...

I like "Blitza! Corn Plant!"

If I didn't like to hear myself talk so much, I would post about the Daily Show every day (okay, daily) because it's always so good.