Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Purpose-Driven Life (plus some shit about Tourettes)

Yeah, I know. It's been a while.

When I first started this blog, my creative juices were just churning and bubbling and ready to spew out all over the upholstery. But after a couple of months, my interest began to dwindle.

Then I got my first comments. One was from a woman named SJ, whom I've never met, but still love with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns and will one day bear her children, OH YES! Another was from Cracker, who is still the only funny conservative I've ever encountered. Seriously. The dude makes me giggle like Bush at an execution.

And then there were the comments from some slathering Bush fanboy whose entire blog consisted of nothing but links to Rush Limbaugh and FOX News. He took time out from his witty and insightful posts about Kerry having rice in his ass to scold me about the level of my discourse. It was all just a little too ironic. Or for the benefit of any conservatives who might be reading this, "ironical." Anyway, my interest was renewed and I posted like a madman on every goddamn thing that popped into my mind. It was like digital Tourettes.

(I used to work for a guy named Leon who was from South Africa, and one day he overheard me and my friend Brian talking about Tourettes Syndrome. The following conversation actually took place:



Leon: I've heard about Tourettes Syndrome. What exactly is it?

Me: It's where that filter in your brain that tells you not to say things doesn't work, so as soon as something pops into your head, you blurt it out.

Leon: So you just say things like "Fuck you"?

Brian: Yeah, but other stuff too.

Leon: Like what?

Brian: Well, some people yell out racist things.

Leon: Wow! So if somebody from South Africa had Tourettes Syndrome...

Me (interrupting): You probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Leon: Fuck you.




But I digress...)

After the election in November, I sort of lost interest again. Since then, I've posted once or twice a month, mainly to avoid any holes in my archive list. (I actually didn't post in January, so I had to backdate one.) But frankly, I just haven't felt like I really had much to say.

In that time, I've received a number of e-mails from people who frequent my blog. Some are from Christian conservatives who offer their sincerest wishes that my "liberal ass burns in FAG HELL asshole!!!!" (speaking of Tourettes). The others simply want to know, "Are you dead? And if not, when the fuck are you going to post some more?"

It's been a year since I started this blog, and I guess I felt the time had come to put a little more effort into it.

So will I be elevating the level of my discourse? SHIT, NO! If it bothers you to be reminded that our president is a war-mongering illiterate retard who hates gay people, then I suggest you avoid this blog. And the news.

What I will be doing is posting more frequently. Some days I may even have something worthwhile to say. If not, I'll just post one of those annoying 16-year-old-girl essays about the torments of my dark and wondrous soul. OMG! HOTT!!!

Or maybe I could just post links to Rush Limbaugh and FOX News. That shit's A LOT easier than thinking...

1 comment:

SJ said...

Hell, yes it's been a while. And you are one of the first people I tracked with my handy dandy "List of Referrers" thing. That is how I found your blog and you obviously found mine by hitting "next blog." Thank god for "next blog," huh?

You have been sorely missed.