Thursday, December 23, 2004

Jingle Bell Bedrock

So I was watching the "Flintstones Christmas Special" the other day. Truth be told, I was actually just flipping through the channels, waiting for Spongebob to come on, and I caught a glimpse of Wilma.

When I was much younger, I had a crush on Wilma Flintstone. What can I say? Red-headed, barefoot chicks in pearls and mini-skirts really mash my buttons. Especially when they're washing dishes by spraying them with water from an elephant's nose. I'm not sure what you'd call this particular fetish. Maybe I'm a Neanderphile...

Anyway, just out of habit, any time I see Wilma on TV, I have to watch for a few minutes, just in case it's that lost Flintstones episode where she and Betty finally kiss. I've never actually seen that episode, but if there is a just and loving god, then I know it must exist.

Sadly, this wasn't it. Instead, it was the Christmas show where Santa got sick and Fred had to take his place, or something like that. To tell you the truth, I sort of quit paying attention once it became obvious that there would be no hot Wilma/Betty action.

But I'm bringing it up because there is something I've always wondered about, ever since I first saw this episode decades ago.

Why the fuck are the Flintstones celebrating Christmas? Don't they live like 10,000 BC?

No comments: